Friday, November 26, 2010

WRNF Travel Management Plan Interview


The time is almost here after a decade of waiting for the White River National Forest to release its travel management plan. It's the plan that dictates what trails are open or closed and what type of use -- motoroized or non-motorized-- are allowed.
It's been a long time in coming. I talked to Forest Supervisor Scott Fitzwilliams about the plan. One of the things I was wondering was since he took over the job just one year ago, if his philosophy was different than his predecessor. He said no. So much for that question.
The entire interview is posted here if you want to hear what he said about the plan (of which he revealed nothing). He talked about the challenges of writing up a plan for 2.3 million acres of land and trying to make everyone happy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.


Travel Management Company