Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Travel

I traveled to Montana this Thanksgiving and before I boarded the plane last Tuesday, I was prepared for cancellations, delays and lots of airport food. Much to my surprise and pleasure, none of that happened. It was amazing! I've traveled a lot in the last two years and have learned to expect the worst, and to bring a pillow in case the airport floor becomes a bed. As everyone knows who lives here, flying in and out of the Aspen airport is a gamble. High winds and heavy snow can change plans quickly and lead to rented cars or last-minute bus rides to Denver. On the plane ride into Aspen yesterday, the man sitting next to me looked outside at snow and clouds and said, "Do you think we'll really land?" Fortunately we did and the other flights I was booked on performed at the same, as-scheduled level. I'm unsure whether all travelers had this sort of luck during the busiest fly-time of the year but for me, I'm content and grounded for the time being.

No comments: