Monday, July 27, 2009

Early Morning Company

It's Pledge Week at Aspen Public Radio and that means I'm joined every morning for an entire week, by a gaggle of over-caffeinated coworkers. Please don't misunderstand, I enjoy the company and they usually bring a carafe of high-quality coffee, a great improvement over my weak blend. The company of coworkers take my place at the microphone and ask for donations on-air for a few hours in the morning. More suggestions to donate are given later in the day. This year is particularly important in gathering the donations, due to the economy. I'm impressed with the preparation and thought that has gone into this Summer Pledge Drive. It's as if everyone realizes the critical nature of it and it shows at six in the morning. My coworkers' faces are a little brighter, and perhaps a bit more anxious compared to past pledge drives. The goal is to raise $65,000 and with some on-air energy, consistent flow of caffeine and most of all, the generosity of listeners, I believe we can reach that. (970) 920-9000 is the number to donate...Thank you!

No comments: