Friday, June 12, 2009

Tourist Season starts Swingin'

The traffic is picking up, the restaurants are filling up and my tolerance for crowds is beefing up. I have to prepare myself and do a few mental exercises before the summer tourist season strikes in Aspen. It seems it comes from nowhere. One day you're moving with ease on your bicycle through the cobblestone streets, the next day you nearly crash while trying to avoid hitting a small, rat-like dog dressed in Gucci.

Next week, the Aspen Food and Wine Classic will start and according to my boss, this event marks the official start of the season. But I can already feel it and don't get me wrong, there are elements about the jam-packed season I enjoy. Last night I went to the Aspen Rooftop Comedy Festival and laughed so hard I cried. So, there is joy and a little bit of pain with the summer season. Give me one more week and I'll be ready.

No comments: